
See, I told ya. Anyway, at the bus loop at the end of the day, I told some of my friends that it was made from a piece of a space shuttle re-entry tile. One of the Florida souvenirs you can't get at any old gas station on I-75. Of course, that's not really true, so my friends just laughed because they knew it was a joke.
One of my students, on the other hand . . .
Well, earlier in the day I told my class it could stop a bullet (and that could actually be true, because, well, LOOK at it. But probably not.). A few minutes later, one of the little lambs asked softly, "Mrs. Byrd, is your necklace really bulletproof?"
I gotta get that kid a sign.
2 comments:
Reading this is SUCH a blast from the past! Rule, you haven't changed a bit - fabulous wordsmith, quick wit, wonderfully involved, and still pushing the deadline!
Hope you can make it back for the reunion - or let us know when you're in town - would love to see you!
Shannon
Shannon,
Thanks for reading! I will definitely be coming back for a reunion. Is there one in the works? I've been wondering about that, and hoping someone is planning one. Hard to believe it will be 20 YEARS! That's CRAZY! I'd love to see you, too, so we'll definitely have to make that happen. :-)
Post a Comment