Today was better than yesterday. At school, I mean. I'm still exhausted, and I'm still not quite sure exactly what I'm supposed to be doing (mostly because there's just so much information to process and so much material to wade through to prepare adequately), but today seemed a little more productive. I actually did some honest-to-goodness teaching . . . at least I think I did. I was also able to complete a couple of random tasks on my to-do list, like going through what seems like endless shelves of materials that go with our new reading curriculum and checking each item against the list of stuff I'm supposed to have. That took longer than I had expected it would, but at least it's done!
One strange and unexpected little twist of irony (okay, that might have been a wildly redundant phrase) . . . I'm really enjoying math class! HA! Most of you who are reading won't know just how weird that is. For the most part, my brain doesn't speak math. I'm the girl who has to close her eyes to calculate her tip for the server at a restaurant, even when the meal is an even $10. Sad, I know. That being the case, however, I can truly relate to the majority of my 5th grade math students. Most of them feel that they struggle at least a little bit in math. The good news is Caroline is a 5th grader, so if I have trouble understanding something I'm supposed to teach, I can always just ask her. Maybe tutoring me can be one of her chores.
No comments:
Post a Comment