And I'm changing the focus of this blog just a little. In the past I've posted family updates and stories about the goings on in our little flock, complete with pictures, but I've also blogged about my own reflections and musings and random things that have nothing to do with our family. I've used this blog as an outlet for my little sparks of writing. That's going to change. This blog will be dedicated to our family, to the more personal parts of our life together, and people who know and love us can keep up with us by reading it. I've given it an updated look, because Blogger has some more options now (yea!), and I'm clearly going to have to think of a new name. "Flock of Five" will be outdated soon, and "Flock of Six" just doesn't work. Besides, what if it turns into seven some day? :-) So a few more changes to this blog are coming.
But I still need that outlet for writing, and now there are more than just little sparks. A full-fledged flame has been ignited, and I have a new determination to write more, just for the sake of writing. Sooooo, I created a completely separate blog, just for that purpose. It won't include more personal family things. It won't include the latest pictures of my children's antics. It probably won't even include their names or Tony's. And to tell you the truth, I'm a little nervous about it. I'm using it to force myself "out there" as a writer. I've always wanted to be a real one, and time's a wastin'. I am, after all, forty years old. Sheesh. Can you say, "late bloomer"?
So there you go. I hope my friends and family will continue to read this blog, and I hope you'll read my new one, too, and if you like reading, tell other people to read it. My new one, that is. Random folks who don't know me at all. The gal who does your hair. The guy who works in the next cubicle over. Your boss, your neighbor, your mother, your friend from high school with whom you recently connected on Facebook (unless, judging by his photos, you think he might have turned into some kind of psycho since graduation all those years ago. You know the one.).
So here's the link (can you hear my heart? It's almost beating out of my chest as I prepare to publish this post. Weird, I know, but this is kind of a big deal for me.):
Happy reading!
No comments:
Post a Comment