How is it possible that when we get together every summer, time seems to have stood still, and little has changed about the way we interact with one another? Sure, our children are growing up, we're all staring down the barrel of 40yearsold, and various life circumstances shift and change for each of us, sometimes subtly, sometimes quite dramatically. There's been birth and death, divorce and marriage, disappointment and elation, struggles and blessings of the personal, spiritual, emotional, and physical variety. And while we haven't shared all of these things day-to-day as they've happened over the years, we share them deeply in retrospect for those few short days each summer when we're together.
Just us. Just like the old days.
So we talked constantly, as women are bound to do, last week in Atlanta where we met. Our topics covered everything from crockpot dinners to Christian doctrine, from the pounds we plan to lose to the people we're proud to love. We never stopped talking. We laid around the hotel room, we ate out, we shopped . . . talking the entire time. We discussed, shared, debated, cried. And of course, we laughed.
And laughed, and laughed, and laughed. Apparently we still crack ourselves up. So I'm attaching a couple of photos to this post, all from the same impromptu photo shoot. One of them is a normal, posed picture of the four of us. I'm pretty sure it's the only one of its kind in the whole bunch. The rest are proof that we tend to act like we're about thirteen when we're together.
I love these girls - April, Dana, Jenna. My life is better because of them.
P.S. to the girls: GRFBDC2010BIWKYDA!
2 comments:
Hey H to the eather,
I decided to check out my pal's blog and see how you were doing. I always love reading your thoughts. I was getting ready to close it and remembered the blog you wrote about our trip to ATL. I LOVE it! I read it while sitting on the beach the first time and couldn't send you a comment. SO TRUE....every word.....it brought me to tears thinking of how refreshing those times are for my soul. What a blessing!!
I want these pics. Can you send them to me when you have a chance? Thanks friend!
love you
Hey H to the eather,
I decided to check out my pal's blog and see how you were doing. I always love reading your thoughts. I was getting ready to close it and remembered the blog you wrote about our trip to ATL. I LOVE it! I read it while sitting on the beach the first time and couldn't send you a comment. SO TRUE....every word.....it brought me to tears thinking of how refreshing those times are for my soul. What a blessing!!
I want these pics. Can you send them to me when you have a chance? Thanks friend!
love you
Post a Comment