I know I've posted several times about Gillian, but she's just such good material. She cracks me up. Tonight, as I stood at the mirror in my bathroom, she was using the potty in the separate "water closet". The door was open, of course, and I wasn't more than about four feet away, but she was in her own little world. And she was singing. She's frequently singing, and more often than not, she's totally making it up as she goes. It's often the kind of thing one might expect from a five-year-old. Random stuff that reflects whatever is happening in the moment. Sometimes it's some version of something she's heard at church or heard Tony or me singing. It might be something Hannah Montana-ish. She truly runs the gamut (okay, that word looks so wrong, but it came out clean on the spell check...). And many times, the lyrics she writes, right off the top of her head, can truly warm a mother's heart. That sweet girl . . . oh, sing it, honey.
So tonight, she blessed me with her new song ...
"I ... love ... this whole world ..."
Aw, how sweet.
"I love this world You made for us . . ."
Now, that's my girl.
"I love you Jesus! I love you God!"
*Sniff, sniff* My little angel, singing about our Lord . . .
"Ooooooo, yeah . . . baaay-beh!"
. . . Nice.
1 comment:
It's amazing how much Gillian not only looks like you, but her personality and antics remind me so much of you as a little girl. I guess you hear that all the time.
She's absolutely adorable.
Post a Comment